Monday, January 26, 2009

Apparently, I suck at laundry...

...and at keeping good roommate relationships going.

My roommate and I have gotten along splendidly since the beginning of the year. No fights, no hard feelings. We talk if there's an issue, and otherwise we basically stay out of each other's way and that's that.

Last night, I wrecked it.

I had my boyfriend over. My roommate went to bed. I wasn't going to kiss him. I really wasn't. We were just going to cuddle. I knew it would be rude and disrespectful to make out with him while she was in the room. I mean, ew!

Yeah. Didn't work out the way I planned.

And as soon as he left, my roommate FREAKED THE FUCK OUT. I don't blame her. I apologized over and over. She's still mad. I can tell.

Still, at this point, it's up to her. I did my part in apologizing. The boy is coming over later to do the same. He feels just as terrible ablout it as I do. And believe me, I do. Now, she can either accept or decline the apologies.

I know she told all the people on our floor. The girls come in and look at me weird before talking to my roommate and then leaving. One girl was in here chatting with my roommate, and when I came into the room from doing laundry, they both stopped talking and didn't say a word until I had left.

Great.

I feel terrible. Really, really horrible. I wish I could turn back time.

I know my roommate is going to call her mom and tell her about it. And, because I know she's a bit of a mommy's girl, her mother will hate me for doing her daughter harm. Oh yay.

I really like my roommate.

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment