Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I had a dream that the snow piled up to my 3rd floor window

Early this morning, I heard my phone vibrate three times...the sign of an incoming text message...at 5:30am?

SNOW DAY!!! Yes, even in college, there are snow days.

There is something so lovely about dreading a day full of hard classes, and then waking to find that they are all cancelled and that you can sleep until noon.

Which, of course, I did.

I went out in the snow for a bit with my friends and boyfriend. We attempted to build a snowman. We threw ice at each other. We got wet, and then came inside and thawed out. I hurt my knee.

But I don't care! It's a SNOW DAY!!! For once, I have a whole day to sit around in sweat pants. To drink tea and to watch movies and to talk to my friends without having to rush to class right away.

The floor on which I live has pretty much divided itself as of late. Nobody really talks anymore, and when they do, the tension is high. Today, I'm not thinking much about it. I'm sitting, cozy and warm, on my friend's bed. We're watching chick flicks. I'm a little hungry, so I'll probably venure out in the snow again soon to find dinner.

This reads like a journal entry...maybe it is. I'm feeling a little like I need that diary aspect in my life right now. Forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment