Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Wishy Washy Wish

Last night, as I lay in bed about to pass out, I remember thinking "I really wish it would rain. Like, hard-core storm rain."

When I woke up today, the pavement on the road running past my building was shining with rain water, and there were puddles everywhere, rippling as more rain drops splashed into them.

It's been a lovely weekend. Dad came to see me on Friday night with some computer speakers, and we ended up getting dinner. I always forget how much I miss my parents until I see them. Finally, someone who understands (and most likely invented) all of my stupid jokes! Gogo Dad!

Then, yesterday, we went on a roadtrip! By "we," I mean my friends Sam, Amber, Mullica, and Zach. We hopped in Sam's tiny little car and drove the hour to Springfield, Mass. to go shopping at a crazy huge and awesome thrift shop there. Its called "Savers" and it was like a college student's shopping paradise: Jeans for four bucks, tacky cardigans and sweater vests, and the most awesome 90s clothing you forgot you used to own until you saw it in the vintage section of the shop...

We actually shopped for a few hours, which I rarely do. For $20, I got a dress, jeans, two tee shirts, a flannel overshirt, a toile cardigan, and a book. Wheee!

Afterwards, we made a stop at the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo express, which we all agreed is one of the world's best inventions. Yay nachos!

And then, last night, after that epic shopping trip, my mom came to visit! She brought me my meds and a donut, and then we went out to eat, too. All weekend, I've just been eating and then resting and then eating some more. Oh well. I'll walk the long way to all of my classes this week or something.

Right now, it's still raining. I love rainy Sunday afternoons. I have a psychology test to study for, but I'm very sleepy, and my room is so cozy! I may need a nap before tackling the psych book...

OH! And my sea monkeys hatched. I'm a champion sea monkey killer, apparently, but this time, my batch lived through the hatching process! I now have an adorable tank of teeny tiny little brine shrimp in my window. Yay!

Oof. OK. Off to nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment